What is a Business Tax Receipt?
A business tax receipt is a tax levied upon all businesses within the municipal boundaries. Payment of the tax receipt does not certify or imply the competence of the licensee. Within Florida, most cities and counties have a business tax receipt.
If you engage or manage any business, profession, or perform any business within our City limits, you need to purchase a tax receipt. If your business has more than one location, a separate tax receipt is required for each location. A separate tax receipt is issued for each use performed within your business.
The Business Tax Receipt hours of operation is between 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Our phone number is (561) 243-7203 option 4. A secured drop-off box is located next to the window for your convenience.
What to Bring with You to City Hall
- Applicant/Owner Name
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Mailing Address
- Business Phone/Cell Phone Number
- Corporation Information, such as registered agent
- Business Description
- Number of Units (of apartment/hotel)
- Professional Certifications (If applicable)
- Competency Card/State License (If applicable)
- Insurance (If applicable)
- Health Department Approval (If applicable)
- Check, money order or exact cash