Applying for Landlord PermitsTo Apply for a Landlord permit you'll need to fill out the application and send in a copy of your lease to LandlordPermits@mydelraybeach.com. For questions, call 561/243-7243.
- A landlord permit is required prior to renting residential units.
- A landlord permit is not required for units in federal housing programs
- A separate permit is required for each applicable rental unit.
- If there are multiple units within a single building under common ownership, a single permit may be obtained covering all units.
- Landlord permit fee is $75.00 per unit.
- Permits are valid for one year, from November 1 of the current year to October 31 of the subsequent year.
- A landlord permit must be obtained no later than 30 days after acquiring a rental property - and the permit is not prorated.
- Failure to obtain a permit will result in a triple permit fee.
Renewing Landlord Permits
Renewing a landlord permit can be done online and requires a renewal number to be completed.
In the event an applicant is denied a landlord permit, an appeal may be made to the Permit Review Committee. Requests for appeal must be made to the Chief Building Official no later than 30 days after receiving notice denying a landlord permit.
100 NW 1st Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444