Delray Beach Master Plan Week of November 13, 2017
After months of construction, we are nearing the end of the beach promenade project. Many of our residents and visitors have already begun to enjoy the upgraded amenities and features the beachfront has to offer. While the majority of the work is now complete, the contractor will continue to be on-site working on "punch list" items for the next month or so. Those items are outlined in the "upcoming activities" section below.
In order to provide continual public safety for the residents and guests attending the beachfront, beach access is available at the main pavilion and at the Marriott Hotel designated crosswalk.
On-street parking north of the Marriott Hotel is permitted. The new smart parking meters are scheduled to be installed and active in the very near future (north of the main pavilion).
New parking meters are installed along the beachfront at the southern end of the municipal beach from Casuarina Road going north to the main pavilion and are operational. Please remember to pay for parking on the south end of the municipal beach.
Beach Promenade benches, plaques and stone memorials have been removed and are safely stored. Any donor of the same should contact Isaac Kovner at 561-243-7341, to discuss options for future location.
- The re-sealing and sandblasting of the concrete colors (sidewalk) is under way beginning at Casuarina Road to create a more uniform color and textured finish of the sidewalks along the Beach Promenade.
- Cleanup around the gazebos should be completed this week.
- The second coat for the knee-wall will start this week.
- Landscaping, sodding, grading, and final irrigation continues on the north and south limits.
- Beveling of the Oolite blocks will begin soon, as well as removal of the algae.
- Installation of the metal roofs for the gazebos.
- Installation of the flag-pole pavers.
- Installation of the new trash receptacles, fountains, showers, bike racks, and benches.
- Installation of the north and south stairways at the main pavilion.
Smart meters have now been installed and are operational between Casuarina Road and the main pavilion.
As work continues on the Promenade, certain on-street parking spaces along the beach will remain unavailable to accommodate the construction. However, we will continue to make every effort to make parking alternatives accessible whenever possible. Parking in all public parking lots along the beach, including the Sandoway parking lot, will continue to be available.
Bicyclists will be able to use the bicycle lane, but we urge extra caution while construction continues.
Public notifications concerning sidewalk closures are posted. The contractor is working with the public on providing safe entry to the beach through designated areas within the construction zone during the remaining construction activities.
For questions concerning smart meters and parking during construction, please contact Jorge Alarcon at (561) 243-7000 ext. 7315.
For the trolley service, please contact Xavier Falconi at (561) 243-7000 ext. 4113.
For general questions concerning the construction, please contact Isaac Kovner at (561) 243-7000 ext. 7341.
Stay informed with weekly up-to-date information by visiting our website (www.mydelraybeach.com) and information boards.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience the construction may impose. We thank you for your patience and understanding.