Preparedness Information for Delray Beach EmployeesEach storm brings new challenges, and City staff have a key role to play in keeping the community safe and operational during all conditions. Which is why it is critically important that all employees take action now to prepare themselves and their families for hurricane season. Remember, hurricane preparedness is everyone's responsibility!
Prepare for work!
- Review the Employee Emergency Manual
- Complete mandatory training based on your position
- Check in with supervisor for your assigned role during an emergency
- Review the Special Event Critical Incident Time Sheet
- Review the Emergency Conditions Pay Policy (GA-46)
- Sign up for CodeRED (or update your information) by contacting the Division of Emergency Management
Plan for your family
- How will your family receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- What is your shelter plan?
- Does anyone in your family have special medical or mobility needs?
- Identify your evacuation route
- Create a family communications plan
- Resources: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan , https://www.floridadisaster.org/getaplan/
- Resources: https://www.ready.gov/animals
- Clean drains and gutters
- Trim tress before a storm approaches
- Get hurricane shutters
The City is a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). This program allows property owners AND renters to purchase flood insurance for their building and/or its contents.
- Resources: www.floodsmart.gov, 1-888-379-9531
Recommended for a basic emergency supplies kit:
- WATER: one gallon per person per day for at least 3 days for drinking and sanitation. Don't forget the pets!
- FOOD: at least a 3 day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and extra batteries
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mast to help filter contaminated air, and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter in place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags with plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
- Get Employee Notifications: Register for CodeRED or update your information to receive notifications from the City or your supervisor
- Delray Beach Emergency Radio: 1620 AM
- Download mobile apps:
- Red Cross
- Call the 211 Helpline for general information during emergencies
- Dial: 2-1-1 (available 24/7)
- Text: Text your zip code to 898211 (available 24/7)
- Chat online: www.211palmbeach.org (available 10:00am-8:00pm every day)
- Palm Beach County Hurricane Information Line: (561)712-6400
- Employee Emergency Manual
- Emergency Conditions Pay Policy (GA-46)
- CodeRED Registration Form for Employees
- Employee Training Requirements
- Special Event Critical Incident Time Sheet
- Hurricane Supply Shopping List
Last Updated: July 12, 2018