All traffic lights are owned and maintained by Palm Beach County Traffic Operations contact them at (561) 233-3950 to report a problem.
Transportation & Traffic
The City of Delray Beach is a community partner in shaping a vibrant and livable city. Transportation strives to plan, build, manage, and maintain an effective and safe transportation network for all users and our core responsibility is to develop policies and programs which ensure and support sustainable growth crucial to economic vitality and quality of life. Formally adopted as of December 2016, our approach is guided by our Complete Streets Policy and we work to achieve the following goals:
- Encourage and provide safe, efficient, and sustainable modes of transportation on our streets (walking, bicycling, transit, ridesharing, and other modes)
- Improve mobility for all residents, visitors, and businesses while reducing traffic congestion
- Manage City mass transit and mobility services of the trolleys and the Downtowner
- Provide support to all updates of the City’s Comprehensive Plan, as well as assisting other all other departments on pertinent transportation and traffic-related issues.
- Build, improve, and maintain the City’s infrastructure in accordance with various assessments and the Complete Streets Policy
- Lead and manage grant applications and coordination with outside agencies on proposed projects within the City
- Provide visioning and goals for the future of transportation in the City
As part of our commitment to encouraging Bicycle and Pedestrian mobility within the City, we are:
- Updating the Bicycle/Pedestrian Master Plan
- Identifying and improving bicycle parking facilities, as well as other bicycle-related improvements
- Initiating a Bikeshare System
- Improving pedestrian crosswalks and installing LED-lit crosswalks
- Identifying projects and corridors for bicycle and pedestrian improvements
To see upcoming transportation projects please visit the Florida Department of Transportation website.
The City of Delray Beach, Florida is easily accessible by Interstate 95 and Florida’s Turnpike and all modes of transportation:
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Tri-Rail Commuter Rail
- Palm Tran Bus System
- The Downtowner
- Downtown Trolley Map and Schedule
- Taxis and Ridesharing