Residency identification cards provide lower resident rates at City operated recreation facilities for City residents (i.e. Delray Beach Municipal Golf or Tennis Center). The photo i.d. card is offered in one ($12.00), two ($20.00) or three ($27.60) year increments; and it expires in one, two or three years from the date of purchase. In order to obtain a residency card, proof of residency must be presented at the City Clerk's office.
To qualify for a residency card, a resident must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Registered Voter in the City of Delray Beach
- Must own property in Delray Beach and reside within the City limits; property identification number must begin with the number "12"
- Must provide a "Declaration of Domicile" or other legal proof documenting the City of Delray as primary residence
- Must provide a valid lease for a minimum of six months or more, copy of lease is acceptable
- If applicable, must provide Domestic Partnership Agreement or other related documentation
- Must provide a current property tax bill
Upon qualifying, the applicant must provide one of the following forms of personal identification:
- Valid Driver's License with current address
- Voter's registration card
- Property Tax Bill with property identification number beginning with "12"
- A water or other utility bill evidencing applicant's Delray Beach address
- Any type of photo identification with applicant' first and last name evidenced
- An executed contract to purchase a dwelling unit in the City
The entire residency card policy/procedure is available in the City Clerk's Department. For questions regarding residency cards, you may contact the office at (561) 243-7051.
KATERRI JOHNSON, CMC
100 NW 1st Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444
(561) 243-3774, FAX