- The application, which may be downloaded here Business Tax Receipt Application must be completed in full.
- Business Tax Receipts must also be accompanied by an APPROVED Zoning Certificate of Use and Occupancy. See page 2 of the Zoning Certificate of Use and Occupancy for additional information and directions on completing the form. (Updated 12.13.18)
- The name of the sole proprietor OR corporation must include full and complete personal information including home address and home telephone number. A corporation must supply the registered agent's name, address, telephone number and the manager's name. Further corporation information may be obtained at Florida State Division of Corporations.
- If your business or profession requires a State of Florida license, a copy of that license must be attached to the application. For detailed information review Professionals and Services Regulated by the State of Florida.
- Additional forms and attachments may be required depending on the type of business. Please refer to the Business Tax Receipt Category Listings and Fees to determine which application requirements apply to your business type.
- Completed applications should be submitted to business tax's along with the licensing fee and a separate $25.00 safety inspection fee for new commercial businesses. Please refer to the Business Tax Receipt Category Listings and Fees for the licensing fee. Checks are made payable to the City of Delray Beach.
PLEASE NOTE: Submittal of the application for a City business tax receipt does not permit the applicant to operate or engage in any type of business, occupation or profession until the business tax receipt has been issued. When the proper approvals have been secured, the temporary receipt will be issued. The licensing process normally takes five (5) to ten (10) business days. You will be notified by business tax's when the business tax receipt is available.