Stay informed! Sign up for CodeRED.
What is CodeRED? The City of Delray Beach utilizes CodeRED to provide critical information to residents, businesses and visitors during emergency situations, disasters, and extreme weather events. CodeRED can also be used to communicate non-life safety matters, such as planned road closures, water main repairs, water and power service interruptions, or other general announcements.
There is no charge to register or use CodeRED and your personal information will always remain confidential.
Learn more Learn more about CodeRED from Emergency Management Director Steve Hynes.
How does CodeRED work?
- The CodeRED system is able to notify all persons registered within the city, or only those located within an affected area, based on the nature of the event.
- The system sends notification via voice calls, text messages and emails.
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, email addresses and text numbers as they want.
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments.
- Messages will be launched by the Division of Emergency Management or other city officials, as well as automated warnings via the National Weather Service for severe weather.
Some examples of why you might be called:
- Weather warnings and updates on hazardous conditions
- Evacuation orders and instructions
- Boil water notices
- Utility outages
- Warnings of bomb threats, active shooters, or other criminal activity in your area
- Warnings of chemical spills, or gas leaks
- Missing person alerts
Upgrades to CodeRED The City of Delray Beach has recently upgraded the CodeRED system to include automated severe weather alerts. The opt-in service will automatically notify those registered for tornado, flash flood and severe thunderstorm warnings just minutes after an alert is issued by the National Weather Service (NWS). To receive severe weather warnings, residents and businesses must first enroll in alerts, followed by the selection of the types of warnings you wish to receive.
The city’s Division of Emergency Management encourages all citizens to enroll to receive CodeRED notifications, including weather warnings. The upgraded system will quickly notify residents of severe weather and eliminate false alarms. These rapid alerts provide precious extra time to prepare during severe weather events.
CodeRED Mobile Alert App In addition to the City of Delray Beach CodeRED system, residents and visitors can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert app, a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The mobile app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals currently located within the impacted area. The app allows you to receive timely notifications when you are on the road or away from home.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert app, visit Google Play or iTunes Store.
Register Online sign up here
Register via Mail
Download and print the enrollment form here. Return completed forms to:
City of Delray Beach
Attention: Division of Emergency Management
100 NW 1st Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444
Special instructions for businesses
If registering your business please enter the following information:
First name: “Business”
Last name: [Full name of the Business]
Please contact the City of Delray Beach Division of Emergency Management with any further questions.
Tel: 561-243-7000 ext. 4100 (voicemail only)
Last Updated: 7/5/2017